- Saves 6 - 11 Watts over the latest generation of "superbikes" or ~30 seconds over 40-kilometers.
- Born from the most advanced use of CFD ever and multiple trips to the wind tunnel.
- ComfortPlyTM removes unnecessary material to reduce vibration and improve ride quality.
Two complete framesets; two complete bikes.
Framesets $4500 or $6500 (includes aerobars & hydraulic brakes)
Complete Bikes: $6,500 (Dura-Ace+ hydraulic brakes) or $10,000 (Dura-Ace Di2 + hydraulic brakes).
Available To Consumers:
Stack and Reach Fit Guide
What the Cervelo Team had to say about the P5
"Even with the advanced engineering resources and cutting edge tools that we have at our disposal, engineering the P5 took a massive effort on the part of our team and our partners on the project to make a bike that is not only fast, but simple and easy to live with," said Phil White, co-founder and CEO of Cervelo. "There's no question that we've succeeded though. The P5 is 6 to 11 watts faster than so-called superbikes while at the same time being simple to set up and maintain. The fact that it is simply faster will make a measurable difference in a triathlon or time trial of any length."
Four features define the P5:
Fast and Fit. The P5 is the most aerodynamic, best-fitting, and best match of stiffness and comfort. The P5 frameset is Cervelo's most aerodynamic ever, with skin surfaces tuned for each AeroZoneTM to optimize airflow conditions at each point along the frame. The result is a time saving of ~30-seconds in a 40-kilometer time trial. The P5 also features a BBrightTM bottom bracket for ultimate power transfer and ComfortPlyTM technology which removes unnecessary material to reduce vibration and improve ride quality.
- The P5's skin surfaces are engineered for individual AeroZonesTM
- Newly engineered geometry developed to accommodate an extensive range of fit coordinates.
- ComfortPlyTM removes unnecessary material to reduce vibration and improve ride quality, critical for fresh legs on the run.
- A standard center bolt mount is optimized for the Magura hydraulic brake but accepts any standard brake caliper.
- BBrightTM: Asymmetric, lighter, and stiffer. Incorporates both oversized 30-mm axle and oversized frame tubes for an enormous gain in responsiveness and acceleration.
Aduro Aerobar - World's Fastest & Best Fitting Aero Bar:
The world's fastest and best-fitting aerobar. The integrated AduroTM aerobar has been designed by Cervelo and manufactured by 3T. It features 100% hidden cables that eliminate aero drag and engineered cable paths that minimize bends and maximize shifting performance. With its innovative design, the Aduro can be positioned lower than most existing bars and allows for over 11cm of easy upward adjustment.
- With three macro height settings and 5-mm micro adjustments, the P5 is the perfect match to your best aero position.
- The Aduro aerobar consists of only a few parts so assembly, disassembly, and adjustment are easy.
- Interchangeable arm pads, risers and telescoping extensions. It also fits any standard 28.6-mm steerer and is compatible with any shift and brake levers.
- Cervelo CFD-developed, wind tunnel proven, our years of extensive research has enabled us to create what is simply the fastest aerobar ever engineered.
- Because cables can add up to 40-grams of drag when exposed, all cables of the aerobar are 100% hidden and follow an ultra low friction cable path.
- The P5's AeroBar matches perfectly with the brake, fork and frame to form a single aerodynamic body for flawless aerodynamic performance.
Aero By Cervelo; Hydraulics By Magura:
The P5 brake system is aerodynamically superior to and lighter than any standard caliper or disc brake. The zero-maintenance hydraulic system also provides outstanding modulation and superior stopping power. It includes integrated aero brake levers and an aerodynamic caliper design. And the calipers adjust to fit all wheels, including the newest wide rims. The P5 is the only tri bike in the world featuring a hydraulic brake as OEM equipment in 2012.
- The P5's Magura brake system features high compatibility to fit all wheels, and a user friendly quick release system at the lever.
- A self-lubricating hydraulic brake system with mineral oil means you can say goodbye to regular line and cable changes.
- At under 500-grams, the Magura hydraulic brake system weighs approximately 24-grams less than the next lightest brake, offering you the lightest brake system available on the market.
- Consisting of two hollow halves attached to the brake arms, the front brake cover further reduces aero drag.
- The rear brake of the P5 is hidden below the chainstays under the bottom bracket for ultimate speed.
- Hydraulic performance offers better power and modulation to maximize speed management.
Storage & Hydrationn - Designed For Speed and Versatility:
A full range of sleek and intuitive storage solutions are custom designed for the P5. From an integral bottle cage mount between the aerobar pads, to a Shimano Di2 battery located inside the frame's HiddenPocketTM, to multiple locations for nutrition, the P5 mates optimal aero locations with ease of access.
- Developed around the P5 to be sleek and intuitive to use, and positioned to reduce drag.
- Hidden Pocket for Di2 Battery: cables and battery are completely hidden inside the frame's Hidden Pocket, for an aero improvement of 10 to 20-grams and to make it easy to access and service. Smart Storage Solutions: The P5 offers multiple storage options, each one specifically positioned to minimize aero drag, so you're always ready to race.
- Hydration, Precisely Positioned: The P5 features a horizontal standard two-bolt bottle cage between the arms on the aerobar, by far the most aero position.
We are eagerly awaiting the release of the wind tunnel data as well as the opportunity to get our hands on this bike.