Cervelo Launches NEW P3 - "The P3 is designed for the dedicated age-grouper or pro ready to shatter their personal bests," says Phil White, Chairman of Cervelo. "These are the athletes we see by the hundreds each season, at their local community tri, regional Olympic-distance or at even at Kona. The P3 belongs to these athletes and the goals they've set for 2013 - we're here to help them be even faster."
How Does the New P3 Compare to the Classic P3?
- Faster and stiffer than classic P3
- New geometry and sizes allow an even larger range of fit options
- Future proof cabling - ready for mechanical, electric and hydraulic
- Wider range of storage and nutrition options. (The new P3 seatpost alone now allows a wider range of storage options.)
- New design: the new P3 looks fast even standing still
The new P3 is available immediately as a complete bike for $5400 with Shimano Dura Ace 9000, Magura RT6 hydraulic brakes, Rotor 3D+ BBRight crankset, and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset.
Model: Dura-Ace 9000
Sizes available: 45-61
Available for consumer orders: April 16, 2013
- Features the P5 geometry with refinements:
- Size 45 (650C wheels)
- Size 48 (700C wheels)
- The rail seat post offers a wide range of adjustability
- 28.6mm (11/8") steerer tube for a wide range of standard cockpits
- Superbike DNA; standard parts
- Non-proprietary components
- Intuitive integration of storage and hydration
- Borrows the P5's Aerozone engineering analysis
- Features dropped downtube and shielding seat stays - optimized for Magura brakes
- Aero superiority at its pricepoint
- BBright: Asymmetric, stiffer, lighter
(April 16, 2013) - Cervelo today released the new P3, building on the legacy of the world's most decorated triathlon/time trial bike. We've made the P3 faster and stiffer, while incorporating the visible lineage of Cervelo's category-leading P5. The P3 continues our ongoing obsession with making you simply faster: this is a bike that's as ready to race as you are.
Cervelo always focuses on our engineering benchmarks: hitting our goals in the wind tunnel and through CFD analysis. The new P3 meets these targets and brings our riders' benchmarks within reach: intuitive assembly, accessible nutrition, a wide range of fit options, and easy packing for travel. Through our design process we sketched and smoothed together many of our advanced aero features to create a bike with speed built in.
When you've hit all the targets of function, you start perfecting form.